Shelley's Bed & Biscuit Rescue is committed to finding the best possible permanent home for the dogs in the rescue program. To this end, the following adoption policies will be followed:
- All applicants for adoption must complete an adoption application, either online or in printed copy.
- All applicants must submit to vet reference checks and home visits.
- A non-refundable adoption donation is required and a legally binding adoption agreement must be signed at the time a dog is placed. Adoption donations are not negotiable and payment must be made in full prior to or at the time of placement of the dog.
- Applicants must provide veterinary references and contact veterinary facilities to authorize release of their records to a Shelley's Bed & Biscuit representative.
- Potential adoptive homes with other dogs or cats that are not spayed or neutered will not be considered unless there are verified medical reasons why alteration should not be performed.
- Applicants who rent their homes must verify that they are permitted to have a dog and provide a landlord contact number on the adoption application. Landlords will be contacted in every case, without exception, to confirm their approval of the potential adoption.
- The adopter must be at least 25 years old.
- We are solely committed to the dogs accepted into the rescue. We want to find them loving, permanent homes and go to great lengths to place the right dog into the right family. We reserve the right to decline any adoption based on what we feel is in the best interest of the dog.
- Copies of all available records will be provided to the adopter. All animals are spayed or neutered before adoption. Dogs will be current on vaccinations, tested for heartworm, and will be on a heartworm/flea preventative medication during the summer months.
- Prior to approval of any adopter, a home visit by a Shelley's Bed & Biscuit volunteer, or such other approved representative, is mandatory.
- Accurate assessment of all dogs is objective; however, Shelley's Bed & Biscuit Rescue carries no warranty of any kind, express or implied.